Monday, April 28, 2014

Drop Thrill In The House

One month ago a goal was finally fulfilled when I posted (showed up) for my first boot camp workout by F3.

F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship & Faith.

 I have been doing boot camps with Rhymer Fitness for several years, but at Jason Rhymer and a few other's encouragement I posted for a F3 beat down, and was it a beat down.

The guys at Ascent  were super nice, but they were there to get busy and so was I. Jason (Byron), John (Schedule C) and Tony (Big League Chew) all showed up to encourage me at my first post and I appreciate it more than they know!

Ascent featured one of their more intense workouts they had done in a while, lucky me.  I felt my legs and arms in strange new ways for about 4 days afterwards.  But as I know from my regular workouts with Jason, that's just your body telling you it's growing.

The workouts are certainly intense, my second post was led by a demonic little being known as Run Stopper.  That man is pure evil.  That is all.

What I wasn't really expecting was the 2nd F (Fellowship).  I really felt from the first week encouragement and community in a way I've never felt before working out with a group.  No offense to my normal boot camp, but I guess there's just something totally in the male psyche about a bunch of guys grunting through a hard workout, sounding like an episode of Home Improvement.

Each workout ends with a short announcement section, prayer request time and then prayer. Then for those that can we meet up at a local Starbucks or other eatery we continue the fellowship, with less grunting, but probably some is still involved.

I really am impressed by everything I've seen with F3 so far: outstanding tough-skinned, soft-hearted guys who love God, show their love for their fellow man and apparently love giving and receiving a proper beat down.

If you're wondering who Drop Thrill is, that would be me.  In F3 each man is given their nickname the first time they post and since I'm such a coaster junkie, as most of you know, they dubbed me Drop Thrill.  I like it.

So if you're a guy and looking for a great, free workout where you will immediately be welcomed, challenged and encouraged, then F3 is for you!   If you think "This is a Christian boot camp workout, it can't be that hard." I dare you, yes I said I dare you to show up for one!

And ladies you aren't left out either, Females In Action  is your option!

So I say all this to put down in a formal way some of my thoughts about my first month in F3 Nation.  Here's to many, many more.

Until next time...Please sit on your sandals!


No comments:

Post a Comment