Wednesday, April 20, 2016

North Carolina - Why I'm Leaving For Good

Forty something years ago I came into being on this planet and was born in Charlotte, North Carolina and I've lived there all my life.  But soon that will be a thing of the past.


For several reasons I'm leaving: one being the terrible traffic on my thirty mile commute each day, another being taxes and another being the awful way our governor and government in Raleigh treats its citizens.


North Carolina has the highest gas tax in the whole southeast.  Currently gas in North Carolina runs around $2.00 while South Carolina is around $1.75-$1.80 per gallon.  Yet the roads in Charlotte continue to fall apart or only get repaired when they have to be.  There are exceptions, but the condition of some of the roads in this state is appalling.


Mecklenburg County's property tax rate runs around .85% now and South Carolina's averages $.57% and they have cheaper taxes on their gas too!


My biggest reason for leaving is that I'm able to sell and move much closer to work and avoid even getting on I-485 each day.


Raleigh is ignoring Charlotte's traffic problems as always and I'm doing the only thing I can do, leaving.


Not that I expect my vacating this state to make a bit of difference to the politicians, but it will certainly make a difference in my wallet and my peace of mind.


While Pat and his officers continue to stick their noses in the sand and up their rear ends, many people are leaving this state, many businesses are leaving too.


Good luck North Carolina, it's been real.



No comments:

Post a Comment